Date: September 19, 2017
- Within each of these tech trends the university spinout company has played an important role as technology pioneers, but they also included very many that never became a commercial success.
- Yet when an AI firm can pinpoint its real-world need, the returns can be both rapid and bountiful.
- It has raised £1.2m in seed funding from private investors and investment company Oxford Sciences Innovation to commercialise the technology.
- One little-known AI spinout, biotech data firm Exscientia, has focused its brainpower on the rapid identification of key molecules that are compatible with drug targets.
- While not a true university spinout, QuanTemplate helps reinsurers perform complex analytics.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.