Date: June 8, 2016
- Toyota toyof will expand the footprint of its artificial intelligence and robotics research center by adding a third facility in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Last year, the world’s largest automaker said it would invest $1 billion over the next five years in a research center for artificial intelligence to be based in Palo Alto, Calif.
- The Ann Arbor facility will be located near the University of Michigan, where it will fund research in artificial intelligence, robotics, and materials science.
- About 15 technical center employees will transfer to the Toyota Research Institute’s new Ann Arbor facility.
- Gill Pratt, CEO of the Toyota Research Institute, made the announcement on Thursday during his keynote speech at Nvidia’s GPU Technology Conference in San Jose.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.