Date: June 12, 2017
- BHP Billiton, the world’s largest mining company, is also deploying driverless trucks and drills on iron ore mines in Australia.
- Mining company Fortescue Metals Group is putting them to work in its own iron ore mines.
- Mining company Rio Tinto has 73 of these titans hauling iron ore 24 hours a day at four mines in Australia’s Mars-red northwest corner.
- Herman at CMU expects all large mining companies to widen their use of automation in the coming years as robotics continues to improve.
- Rio Tinto uses driverless trucks provided by Japan’s Komatsu.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.