Date: August 8, 2017
- But as the algorithms learn and adapt from their original coding, they become more opaque and less predictable.
- In May last year, a stunning report claimed that a computer program used by a US court for risk assessment was biased against black prisoners.
- It has led to a decade-long AI arms race in which the UK government is offering six-figure salaries to computer scientists.
- Last year, according to global management consultant McKinsey, tech companies spent somewhere between $20bn and $30bn on AI, mostly in research and development.
- If the underlying data reflects stereotypes, or if you train AI from human culture, you will find these things,” Bryson says.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.