Date: February 16, 2017
- Research on machine learning and artificial intelligence needs to be done in the open and not by military research labs, Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Google’s parent Alphabet has said.
- Mr Schmidt was speaking at the RSA Conference in San Francisco on Wednesday.
- We want you to build these solutions and identify these new opportunities,” Mr Schmidt said.
- In conversation with journalist Gideon Lewis-Kraus, Mr Schmidt said machine learning capabilities, which allow computers to learn without being programmed, needed to be done in the open and not by military research labs.
- He remarked on early machine learning techniques over a decade ago which had “discovered” the concept of cats on YouTube.
“I would have liked them to discover something more profound.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.