Date: October 11, 2015
- In its drive to enter the server processing units market, Qualcomm started a program called Server Development Platform, which has the sole aim of establishing Qualcomm as a major player in the server and data center industry via its SoC processing chips.
- The new 24-core ARM chip is custom-built in prototype stage using FinFET technology, without mentioning any process manufacturing.
- To do this, Qualcomm has started to sample SoCs based on the AMRv9-A chips while starting technology collaborations with both Xilinx and Mellanox.
- According to Qualcomm, the new SoC is also aimed at hyperscale data center customers, that includes “Infrastructure as-a Service (IaaS), Platform as-a Service (PaaS), big data and machine learning.”
- The new SoC being tested is proposed for tackling common data centre workloads and machine learning, with testing beginning on Thursday this week.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.