Date: August 2, 2015
- It’s easy to imagine how the Chicago PD Heat List could be used in a responsible way.
- When the prison population of America is overwhelmingly Black and Latino males, would an algorithm based on relationships disproportionately target young men of color?
- I’d wager that most readers feel a little uneasy about how the Chicago PD Heat List was implemented – even if they agree that the intention behind the algorithm was good.
- The Chicago PD and PredPol models are important reminders that personal analytics aren’t the only option.
- The Chicago PD hasn’t released any data on the Heat List’s effectiveness yet.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.