Date: March 8, 2017
- While machine learning algorithms can be used for other purposes, we are going to focus on prediction in this guide.
- We hear the term “machine learning” a lot these days (usually in the context of predictive analysis and artificial intelligence), but machine learning has actually been a field of its own for several decades.
- Machine learning algorithms are often used in predictive analysis.
- Prediction problems are divided into two main categories:
Now that we’ve covered what machine learning can do in terms of predictions, we can discuss the machine learning algorithms, which come in three groups: linear models, tree-based models, and neural networks.
- Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) where computers can essentially learn concepts on their own without being programmed.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.