- The machine learning course from Stanford is the most popular Coursera module in India.
- Surprisingly enough, over 1.5 million people have enrolled for this course worldwide and of these, over 100,000 are from India, according to online education portal Coursera.
- Some companies such as Infosys have enrolled employees in courses via Coursera, and that is also a big opportunity for growth for the company in India, Gupta says.
- Coursera says over 25 million people have enrolled on Coursera globally and over two million of these are from India, which makes India its second-largest market after the US.
Raghav Gupta, India Country Director for Coursera, says the portal is growing fast in India, having added over 50,000 users since January 2017.
“The awareness question (lack of awareness about Coursera) applied about 18 months ago.
- However, the awareness about Coursera is not spread across the country evenly. “We have an English speaking and metro-centric audience.