Date: December 21, 2016
- It was a first for Teller, but not for X, or Google X, as the research lab he runs used to be known.
- Loon has long been a favorite of Google founders Brin and Larry Page, according to several former Alphabet executives.
- In 2013, Sergey Brin, Google’s co-founder, showed up wearing X’s wearable computer, Google Glass, and argued that face-mounted devices were a natural successor to the smartphone.
- Many former X employees blame overexuberance on the part of Google’s marketing division for the hostile reception that greeted Google Glass.
- Over the 12 months ended in September, Google’s ad business accounted for 89 percent of Alphabet’s revenue, or $76.1 billion.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.