Date: May 19, 2017
- There are eight rows of TPU units, with four of the TPU boards per enclosure horizontally.
- Google will also be offering 1000 TPUs in its cloud for qualified research teams that are working on open science projects and might be willing to open source their machine learning work.
- Putting the second-generation TPU in the Google Cloud Platform will certainly send some users that way for large-scale training, but as noted, there will also be high-end GPUs as well as CPUs for those workloads.
- Our guess is that this is a bare bones flash enclosure that stores local data at high speed for the TPUs.
- Instead of keeping its secret sauce inside, Google will be making these TPUs available via the Google Cloud Platform in the near future.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.