Emerging Technologies Like Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and IoT Help Revolutionize Public Sector Agencies
Date: December 25, 2016
- While most agencies are using traditional business technologies, emerging technologies — like advanced analytics that include predictive modeling — are making the biggest inroads.
- Improving efficiency through automation was identified by integrated social services and pension / social security agencies as an additional expected benefit.
- Respondents at revenue, administration, policing/justice and border services agencies listed innovating and developing new services as the second-most expected benefit.
- The report, Emerging Technologies in Public Service, examines the adoption of emerging technologies across agencies with the most direct interaction with citizens or the greatest responsibility for citizen-facing services: health and social services, policing/justice, revenue, border services, pension / social security and administration.
- Integrated social service agencies, at 15 percent, had the highest percentage of respondents citing “improving service delivery to meet customer expectations” as a top priority for using advanced analytics.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.