Date: September 16, 2017
- The goal of edge computing is to minimize the latency by bringing the public cloud capabilities to the edge.
- This new paradigm called edge computing, brings the core building blocks of cloud – compute, storage and networking – closer to the consumers.
- Some of the evolving use cases such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Internet of Things (IoT) benefit from edge computing.
- Each of these segments tackles edge computing differently, which is adding up to the confusion.
- Though IoT is the key driver of edge computing, many use cases are accelerating the pace of adoption.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.