Date: December 26, 2016
- Winograd concluded that it would be impossible to give machines true language understanding using the tools available then.
- Even though AlphaGo cannot speak, it contains technology that might lead to greater language understanding.
- It isn’t hard to see how valuable better language understanding could be to the company.
- At the same time, Goodman’s example also suggests just how difficult it will be to teach language to machines.
- But without language understanding, the impact of AI will be different.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.