Date: May 28, 2017
- Apple might be developing a new custom chipset for artificial intelligence (AI) processing, reports Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning are increasing becoming important, with players like Google, Amazon and Microsoft pumping millions of dollars.
- The chipset, internally known as Apple Neural Engine, will be used to handle AI-related tasks like speech and facial recognition.
- That said, it makes sense for Apple as its competitors in the tech industry are increasing betting on artificial intelligence (AI) for future growth.
- The custom chipset would allow Apple to offload some processing done by the main chipset and by the GPU, allowing the company to improve battery performance on its devices.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.