Date: October 13, 2017
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft have teamed up to launch an open-source and deep learning interface ‘Gluon’ that will help developers to deploy machine learning models across several platforms.
- The partnership will allow people to summon Cortana using Alexa, and vice versa, by the end of the year.
- To make this happen we need to put the right tools in the right hands and the ‘Gluon’ interface is a step in this direction,” Boyd added.
- In August, Microsoft and Amazon came to an agreement wherein Cortana users would have access to Alexa and vice-versa.
- In simpler words, someone using an Alexa device will have to say “Alexa, open Cortana” to get to talk to Microsoft’s digital assistant, and someone using Cortana will have to say “Cortana, open Alexa” to talk to Amazon’s.
Related NLP Articles
Build smarter apps with our natural language processing API.