- It’d sound better than Tin Machine, that’s for sure…”
You can experiment with AI music and its close cousin generative music already.
- But that is a long, long way off.”
These startups all hope AI music will inspire human musicians rather than threaten them. “Maybe this won’t make human music.
- Mark Mulligan agrees. “AI may never be able to make music good enough to move us in the way human music does.
- The aim [for AI music] is not ‘will this get better than X?’ but ‘will it be useful for people?’.
- It’s not alone: Los Angeles-based startup accelerator Techstars Music, part-funded by major labels Sony Music and Warner Music Group, included two AI startups in its programme earlier this year: Amper Music and Popgun.